CinnamonTeal Publishing provides end-to-end scanning, digitization and archival services designed to digitize valuable material such as books and manuscripts and securely store digitized files. If you are associated with a private or public library and have documents, books, microfilms or photographs that are fast deteriorating and need to be digitized and archived, we can be of help. Our clients include research centers, libraries, and private collectors of books and manuscripts, and our staff has earned their respect for handling their material carefully.
In addition, many publishers have engaged our services to re-develop books that were earlier produced using negative films for printing. In many cases, these films are no longer available thus making it impossible to reprint these books. We have worked with these publishers to adapt these books for computer-to-plate printing. Many old books have thus experienced a new lease of life, while the publishers, on their part, have been able to monetize their back lists. Similarly, libraries have used this approach to develop copies of old books that are then circulated among readers. Click here to read how we restored a few books.
Meta data input forms an important part of the digitization and archival process. It involves marking each digital image with the appropriate data that will make it easy for someone else to retrieve the image. There are various levels of meta data – from the very basic to the very detailed. We take care to ensure that this important part of the process is not ignored.
Depending on the nature of your documents and your plans for them, we will tailor an approach that will meet your objectives, budget constraints and time lines. We do not have a cookie-cutter, one-size-fits-all solution, rather will devise one that satisfies you.
For the same reason, we offer you the option to purchase your own equipment (not the expensive one you will find online, rather one put together to meet your requirements and yet meets all standards) and design your own workplace that we will help you put together, rent out our equipment for the required duration, or engage our services to get the digitization completed (in which case the digitization is carried out on your premises). This way you need not worry that a small budget will get in the way of your digitization plans.
Our complete range of services (and the types of media we work with) include:
- Direct digitization from original sources
- Image capture in (lossless) RAW format
- Creation of TIFF master files and other derivative files (JPEG, PDF, etc.)
- OCR and resultant-text editing and formatting
- Meta data creation
- File naming for easy retrieval
- Custom cataloging
- Document repository DSpace™ and Islandora™ installation and maintenance
- Training of manpower for effective digitization
- Digitization workstation – installation and maintenance
- Typesetting (page layout) of digitized material
- Documents and paper manuscripts
- Microfilm, microfiche
- Photograph negatives
- Books and periodicals
- Posters, maps, large-size prints
- Palm-leaf and other such manuscripts
In addition, information (meta data) pertaining to newspapers, periodicals and other such material can be recorded at the article level, so that common threads can be easily established. Similarly-grouped material can be combined into cohesive units, as multi-page PDF documents.
DSpace™ is an open source software package typically used for storing and accessing digitized data. Our DSpace-related services consists of the following:
- Installation on Windows and Unix platforms
- Customization to meet the requirements of the host organization
- Scheduled back ups to ensure data is secured
- Integration with existing website to research and display data
- Incorporation of additional fields to accommodate unique needs and fine-grained meta data levels
- Modification of submission workflow to ensure authenticity of data
For more details regarding our digitization and archival services, email: firstname.lastname@example.org