[vc_row type=”container” padding_top=”” padding_bottom=””][vc_column][vc_single_image image=”3592″ img_size=”full”][vc_column_text]CinnamonTeal Publishing
provides end-to-end scanning, digitization and archival services designed to digitize valuable material such as books and manuscripts and securely store digitized files. If you are associated with a private or public library and have documents, books, microfilms or photographs that are fast deteriorating and need to be digitized and archived, we can be of help. Our clients include research centers, libraries, and private collectors of books and manuscripts, and our staff has earned their respect for handling their material carefully.
In addition, many publishers have engaged our services to re-develop books that were earlier produced using negative films for printing. In many cases, these films are no longer available thus making it impossible to reprint these books. We have worked with these publishers to adapt these books for computer-to-plate printing. Many old books have thus experienced a new lease of life, while the publishers, on their part, have been able to monetize their back lists. Similarly, libraries have used this approach to develop copies of old books that are then circulated among readers. Click here
to read how we restored a few books.
Meta data input forms an important part of the digitization and archival process. It involves marking each digital image with the appropriate data that will make it easy for someone else to retrieve the image. There are various levels of meta data – from the very basic to the very detailed. We take care to ensure that this important part of the process is not ignored.
Depending on the nature of your documents and your plans for them, we will tailor an approach that will meet your objectives, budget constraints and time lines. We do not have a cookie-cutter, one-size-fits-all solution, rather will devise one that satisfies you.
For the same reason, we offer you the option to purchase your own equipment (not the expensive one you will find online, rather one put together to meet your requirements and yet meets all standards) and design your own workplace that we will help you put together
, rent out our equipment for the required duration, or engage our services to get the digitization completed (in which case the digitization is carried out on your premises). This way you need not worry that a small budget will get in the way of your digitization plans.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row type=”container” padding_top=”” padding_bottom=””][vc_column][vc_column_text]
Our complete range of services (and the types of media we work with) include:
[/vc_column_text][vc_tta_tabs active_section=”1″][vc_tta_section title=”Core Services” tab_id=”core-services”][vc_column_text]
- Direct digitization from original sources
- Image capture in (lossless) RAW format
- Creation of TIFF master files and other derivative files (JPEG, PDF, etc.)
- OCR and resultant-text editing and formatting
- Meta data creation
- File naming for easy retrieval
- Custom cataloging
- Document repository DSpace™ and Islandora™ installation and maintenance
- Training of manpower for effective digitization
- Digitization workstation – installation and maintenance
- Typesetting (page layout) of digitized material
[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”Formats and Media” tab_id=”formats-and-media”][vc_column_text]
- Documents and paper manuscripts
- Microfilm, microfiche
- Photograph negatives
- Books and periodicals
- Posters, maps, large-size prints
- Palm-leaf and other such manuscripts
[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”Projects” tab_id=”projects”][vc_column_text]
|Central Library, Goa
- Digitization of an 1897 edition of the biography of Jivbadada Kelkar. The project included scanning of the book, “cleaning” and printing a limited number of copies for circulation.
- Scanning, cleaning and printing of copies of the 1952 edition of Shantaram Bandelu’s Krista Purana.
- Scanning, cleaning and printing of copies of the fifth volume of Jardim dos Pastores, a collection of sermons by Miguel de Almeda.
- Cleaning and printing of archived material related to Codices 771, 772 and 773, texts ascribed to Krishnadas Shama.
|Endangered Archives Program, British Library, UK
As the local partner of the primary beneficiary of the EAP grant, Dr. Ananya Chakravarthi, we were responsible for sourcing material for digitization, scanning that material as per prescribed norms, and cataloging and archiving the scanned material.
The project was able to digitise records held by the Seminary of the Society of the Missionaries of St. Francis Xavier in Pilar, gaining permission to digitise their manuscript collection as well as significant books relating to the order and to the Church in Goa in their collection. The project was also able to digitise collections from Thomas Stephens Konknni Kendr (TSKK), Goenkacharem Diaz, Goa University Library, Pissurlencar Collection, Xavier Center of Historical Research, and the residence of Percival Noronha. Although there was no time or resources to digitise the large collection of early texts held at the Rachol Seminary, the project was able to catalogue them.
The records copied by this project have been catalogued as:
- EAP636/1 Pilar Seminary Books and Manuscripts
- EAP636/2 Gomes Catão Papers [19th Century]
- EAP636/3 Manuscripts and Microfilms
- EAP636/4 Books and Manuscripts
- EAP636/5 Books from the library of Xavier Centre of Historical Research
- EAP636/6 Digital capture of Accession Register
The media that was digitized included books, handwritten manuscripts, unbound papers, newspapers, registers and microfilm.
More details of this project can be found here.
|Xavier Centre of Historical Research, Porvorim, Goa
||We worked for the Centre for an archival project funded by the National Archives of India. The project involved scanning and archival of
- Newspapers including the O Anglo Lusitano
- The Mhamai Papers, related to commerce between the Mhamai House and its trading partners, now in possession of the Centre.
|University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
||As the local archival partner, we digitized all copies of the Diario de Goa newspaper (1953 – 1967).
[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][/vc_tta_tabs][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row type=”container” padding_top=”” padding_bottom=””][vc_column][vc_separator color=”#bcbcbc” type=”normal” thickness=”1″ up=”” down=””][vc_empty_space height=”20px”][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row type=”container” padding_top=”” padding_bottom=””][vc_column][vc_column_text]In addition, information (meta data) pertaining to newspapers, periodicals and other such material can be recorded at the article level, so that common threads can be easily established. Similarly-grouped material can be combined into cohesive units, as multi-page PDF documents.
[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]DSpace™ is an open source software package typically used for storing and accessing digitized data. Our DSpace-related services consists of the following:
- Installation on Windows and Unix platforms
- Customization to meet the requirements of the host organization
- Scheduled back ups to ensure data is secured
- Integration with existing website to research and display data
- Incorporation of additional fields to accommodate unique needs and fine-grained meta data levels
- Modification of submission workflow to ensure authenticity of data
For more details regarding our digitization and archival services, email: [email protected]